Pastor Kyle will be providing access to the sacrament of Holy Communion for those who wish to receive it on Sunday afternoons. We have developed a method that we believe will keep everybody safe, while also maintaining the integrity of the sacrament. However, we need your help. Please review all of the information below to help embody safe protocols for your neighbors.
- Eucharist will be celebrated at 12:00 and 12:30. each Sunday in small gatherings. These small gatherings will be an extension of our online worship, not a replacement. You can be nourished by the Word and prayers via our online worship, and then come to be nourished by the Lord’s Supper.
- You must register for each specific time and day if you plan to attend, so that we can ensure proper physical distancing. Click here to register.
- You must bring your own elements- bread and fruit of the vine. Any simple bread or cracker will serve you well. This means that there will be no distribution. The Eucharistic table that Pastor Kyle will preside over will extend to the hands gathered together and all elements present will be consecrated. Rest assured that the fullness of the sacrament is received if you only bring bread.
- Masks are required to protect the most vulnerable our community. If you do not have a mask, please contact the church office.
- In case of rain, there is an alternative plan to gather in the sanctuary.
- The liturgy will last about 15 minutes. You are welcome to stand, or to bring your own chair. No chairs will be provided inside or outside.
- The church building remains closed. No access to other areas of the building are permitted. There will be no access to restrooms- please plan accordingly.
- When you arrive, you will be directed to pre-determined and marked areas that will ensure physical distancing for all who gather. Please follow Pastor’s instructions, posted signs, and maintain physical distancing.
- These gatherings are primarily for access to the sacrament, and not to congregate and socialize with our church community. We provide multiple opportunities for fellowship each week, and invite you to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Feed your soul, feed your neighbor. Please consider bringing a nonperishable food donation with you. Pastor will collect them and ensure they go to feed our neighbors.
* * *
Please, consider staying home if you are part of a vulnerable population or do not feel comfortable being present to receive the sacrament. Please be in touch with Pastor Kyle is you have a particular pastoral need.
* * *
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, please stay home, out of care for our community:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
- Are you experiencing any new respiratory symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Are you experiencing any new muscle aches or chills?
- Have you experienced any new change in your sense of taste or smell?
* * *
Grace and peace to you, dear church! Please be in contact with Pastor Kyle if you have any questions.