Lent is not just about restrictions, sin, and shame. Instead, it is an invitation from God into an expansive faith in God’s expansive grace and love for each and every one of us, and for all of creation. This will be our theme for our Lenten journey: An Invitation to Expansive Faith. As such, we extend to you an expansive invitation to participate with us in a variety of ways. Trust that God is inviting you into an expansive faith this Lent. Join us on this journey.
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy – March 2, 2022 at 7 pm. Join us in person or online as we begin our Lenten journey together with the imposition of ashes. If you are not able to join us in person, but would like to receive the imposition of ashes, please contact Pastor.
- Lenten Evening Prayer – Join us on Thursdays at 7 pm in our sanctuary on March 10, 17, 24, 31, and April 7 for a time of prayer together. Join us at 6 pm for a simple meal before our time of prayer. Please consider signing up to help make these meals possible.
- Lenten Devotional – Our devotional is a collection of daily devotions written by and for members of our community to be used as a companion for your prayer life this Lent. You may download an electronic version or contact the church office for a printed copy.
- Lenten Prayer Web – This is an invitation into prayer and community. Each of the 40 days of Lent, you are invited to pray for a member of the OSLC community. We will create a powerful web of prayer and support for one another – and you will be prayed for.
- Sundays in Lent – Join us for worship in person or online at 10:30 a.m. as we journey together with our theme of “Full to the Brim” and a journey into an expansive faith.
- Holy Week – Lent culminates in our Holy Week and Easter liturgies, which you are invited to participate in. Please consider lending your gifts to help create these liturgies together!